In order to qualify as an accredited member, you must meet one of the following three sets of criteria:
A) Completion of a certificate or diploma program from a recognized educational institution. For a list of recognized institutions, click anywhere on this sentence. Please include a copy of your certificate or diploma.
- or -
B) Completion of some courses in the area of decorating or design and a minimum of 5 years’ work experience in the industry. Submission of a minimum 3 page pressentation with at least 3 projects profiled (preferably digital) + two letters of reference from clients are required for review by CDECA.
- or -
C) A minimum of 10 years’ work experience in the design/decorating field, with the submission of a minimum 3 page pressentation with at least 3 projects profiled (preferably digital) + two letters of reference from clients for review by CDECA.
To prepare your portfolio (required for options B & C only) please submit the following:
1) pictures of each project, including “before” shots if available
2) a description of the project’s scope and budget
3) an outline of the client’s requirements and how you were able to meet them
4) an outline of suppliers and products used
5) two letters of reference from clients
*Please note: This portfolio is necessary only if you are persuing options B and C above. Option A simply requires a copy of your certificate from one of our recognized institutions.
- We regret that submitted materials cannot be returned. Please do not send original portfolios or certificates.
- Portfolios will not be reviewed until full membership payment is received.
- If your application is rejected, your entire membership purchase, minus the processing fee and related taxes will be refunded to you.
- Once approved, memberships dues and processing fees are non-refundable.